The three colors of the Valencia mittens I showed in my last post are done by alternating the contrast color on each row (i.e., row 1 is blue and yellow, row 2 is blue and green, row 3 is blue and yellow again, etc.) - you do get some twisting of the yarns but I really like the finished look.

Once I'm done with the mitten booklet I'm going to start the piggy toe socks from Socks, Socks, Socks. After spending so long trying to find a sock yarn in the right shade of pink I finally decided to just make them in Palette using the colors below. After looking at the pattern it looks like duplicate stitch is the only choice for the pigs because they're not on the bottom of the foot. I suspect all that duplicate stitch will probably take as long as the actual knitting but I still think they'll be really fun to knit. I've never knit socks with individual toes either so that should be interesting.