Colors for Bandelier Mitts

After trying inside and outside, in the shade and in the sun, I think I finally managed to capture the colors properly in dappled sunlight. The light green color is the one that isn't showing up properly (it looked yellow in the previous photo) and there are actually two different colors of purple although that is less obvious. Normally I'm never happy with my color choices for patterns that have changing background and foreground colors (I'm hesitant to use the term Fair Isle for this pattern because it does contain some pretty long floats) but I like this. If I could change one thing I'd change out the baby blue in the very center of the star/snowflake because I would like something brighter to make the center really pop out. In person the green in the background is the color that pops out the most.


I'm going to do two repetitions of the pattern with no thumb gusset and I'm planning to make individual fingers. The actual glove width is a bit larger than I'd like (74 sts when I'd prefer more like 68) to divide into fingers but I'll take the advice of Tim Gunn and just "make it work".