Fall 09 Color Forecast

Thank you everyone for all your help! I'll post the completed yarn list by the end of the week with any luck. Christina asked about the troubles I had with cotton and superwash. I did do an entire Dale of Norway baby sweater in some Norwegian superwash that was so slippery I never did manage to secure the ends properly even with knotting. It had over 20 colors so that made the sweater unusable. I haven't had much experience with cotton for stranding but it is less elastic which can screw with your tension and tension problems are less likely to block out like they do with nice elastic wool. Obviously not all cottons or all superwash wools are bad for 2-color knitting so I make sure I swatch before I consider using them.

Here is the Pantone color forecast for Fall 09. They strike me as a bit somber but then I'm a bright color girl. My favorite is the periwinkle blue second from the top left and my least favorite is that gold. Oddly enough I recently received an email from Crate and Barrel I think stating that this fall's colors are dark plum and silver and a nice sage green so I guess the "in" colors for this fall are whatever you want them to be.