Stranded Worsted Weight Patterns

I've been on Ravelry a while now and I'm firmly convinced the most valuable feature is the pattern finder. I'm going to be extremely busy the next few months with work stuff and I was worried I wouldn't have enough knitting output to keep this blog going. I went to Ravelry and found a bunch of worsted weight stranded accessory patterns that I can finish quickly so I'll have something to show on the blog. In fact I found so many patterns I'm wondering if I have enough Cascade 220 to last until the end of the year.

Here are a few of the patterns I'm considering making this fall. I've noted which ones are free patterns.

Tuulia's Red and Black Celtic Gloves (mittens actually, free pattern)
SpillyJane's Quo Vadis Mittens (free - I might do this in a rainbow sequence)
Dave's Latvian Winter Mittens (love the candle on the thumb)
Inka Hat (check out some of the variations using lots of colors)
Virginia's Floppy Fairisle Hat (one of those rare hats I might actually look good wearing)
Dancing Stars Hat (designed for multi-colored yarns but I might just use striped background)
Bernat Stranded Balaclava (I've never seen a stranded balaclava but I think DH might wear it)

I also want to mention a few books that contain stranded patterns for worsted weight yarns. Anna Zilboorg's hat, mittens, and sock books I think call for DK weight yarn but I always substitute worsted and go down a needle size to get her gauge. Also, Kristin Knits by Kristin Nicholas has a lot of stranded worsted weight patterns.

If you're in central New Mexico and you're interested in helping out a great cause, check out this lovely rabbit quilt some of the local rabbit rescuers made. It is being raffled off - tickets are $1 each or 6 for $5. You can purchase tickets and see the actual quilt (38 by 50") at the upcoming Weems Artfest or tomorrow, Saturday, September 26th at the House Rabbit Society Adoptathon at the Petco on Lomas from 10 am to 2 pm. Next on the agenda to be raffled is the gorgeous rabbit Christmas stocking Kate from San Francisco donated - I'll let you know when that occurs.