Amazing Stash Stories

A long time ago I knit a Dale of Norway sweater for DH on the spur of the moment. The amazing part was that I had enough yarn in the right colors in my stash to knit it. My stash is smaller now so I doubt there are any spur of the moment sweaters left.

This weekend I had another amazing stash moment. I was knitting the Easy Aran Socks in Valley Yarns Northampton from Webs. I realized I wouldn't have enough yarn from just one skein so I didn't knit the toe of the first sock. Once I finished the second sock up to the toe I went off in search of some other yarn to use for the toes. The amazing part? I found a yarn that is very close in color in my stash. It is Elann's Peruvian Highland Sport and is lighter weight than the Northampton, a worsted weight yarn. Still it really is almost the exact same color. I made a few modifications to make these fit my narrow feet and I made the ribbing on the cuff longer.



Speaking of stash, here is some plant-based yarn I bought at the Woodland Woolworks going out of business sale. (Currently the price reduction is 45%.) I bought Maizy, Panda Cotton and Soy, and some Rowan Calmer. I've been buying more yarn than usual because I figure I won't be buying as much once we move.