Purple Heart Socks

I'm knitting faster than I can blog! These are my fourth finished stranded pair since the beginning of July and I have three additional pairs I want to knit by the end of August. One of the three is on size 4 (US) needles which should speed things up.

I'm too busy knitting to take great photographs but one of the two colors in these socks is pretty difficult to get right. It is Knit Picks' Stroll in Majestic which is a rich deep purple but usually photographs blue. (If you know the Colorado Rockies baseball team colors it is that wonderful shade of purple.) The other yarn was one of my Scavenger Hunt prizes - Kollage Sock-a-licious in color 7809. It is such a wonderful springy yarn and I love it! I received the needles I used as prizes (Kollage square dpns in 2.75 mm) and the lovely pattern itself, Coeur D'Or, was a prize.







It should be a great weekend of baseball and some serious sock knitting. I hope to have another pair for you next week if you're not too sick of stranded socks.