Taming the Beast

Quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever done was tracking my yarn and other knitting expenses over the last year. Yikes! The grand total was about 3 times what I would have predicted. I won't tell you the total to spare you from fainting but it does seem like I could probably take up downhill skiing in exotic locations for the same amount I spend on my hobby. If you've been reading my blog for a while you know I just won a huge bounty of beautiful sock yarn and also that I already have a sizable stash (photos HERE).

I decided to start limiting my yarn purchases. At least I am not so completely delusional that I think I can go without buying yarn at all. I plan to test out all the plant-based sock yarns out there so I figure I'd just limit myself to buying those brands when they are on sale. There really aren't that many yarns like that available and really how often do they go on sale?



You probably guessed how this story would end. Jimmy Beans Wool is having a 55% off sale on Panda Cotton, Panda Soy, and Maizy. Actually so is Hidden Purls so now I'm wondering if they are discontinuing the yarn lines? I guess the moral of this story is that I should stop keeping track of how much I'm spending on yarn.

Even Bubbles seems alarmed by all the yarn!