Christmas in July!

I was one of the lucky winners of the Sock Knitter's Anonymous Scavenger Hunt in conjunction with Worldwide Knit in Public Day. You wouldn't believe all the wonderful prizes I've been receiving from generous knitters all over (and the prizes are still pouring in!). I'm still in shock really at such an incredible thing happening.

First of all, here is the sock yarn goodness:


Top Left: Miss Babs Yummy in A Day at Powells, Hazel Knits Artisan Sock in Sassafras, Handwerks Sock Plus 8 in Paprika, Hazel Knits Artisan Sock in Fireberry, and Kollage Sock-A-Licious in color 7809
Bottom Left: String Theory Caper in Periwinkle (my favorite color in a cashmere blend!), Sunshine Yarns' Luxury Sock Yarn in Coal Creek,  Barking Dog Yarns Achilles in Navajo Sky, Miss Babs Yummy in Crazy E, and Candy Skein Yummy in Lemon-Lime

I'm just about to start a stranded project using the wonderful Hazels Knits yarn in Sassafrass. I'm also planning a project using the Kollage pink yarn which has some silk content and is incredibly soft. Both of the Miss Babs yarns are so beautiful and I am having fun trying to think of a good project for that white, red, and black yarn.

Don't you just love that turquoise Navajo sky color from Barking Dog Yarns? Suzan also offers two mini-skeins in her Opposites Attract section - I think it would be so much fun to figure out how to use the two yarns together.

Tami at Candy Skein was sweet enough to dye that lime green yarn just for me as I've been dreaming of a bright lime green sock yarn for a long time. All of her hand-dyed yarns are named after candy flavors and her bright colors are right up my alley.

DH has already requested a pair of gloves from the Luxury Sock Yarn which is also a cashmere blend. It is such a wonderfully soft  yarn so I'm hoping I might be able to get two pairs of gloves out of the one skein.


In the non-yarn department, I received a copy of Hunter Hammersen's beautiful book, Silk Road Socks: 14 Sock Patterns Based on Oriental Rugs. The Salor socks shown in the photo use the exact same Handwerks yarn I received so I plan to knit those soon. I dearly love my beautiful Grey Bear II project bag from Peg's Procrastination - it has a lining and interior pockets to hold all sorts of notions.

There are other prizes I haven't even managed to photograph including two pairs of Kollage square needles (one set of dpns and one long circ for Magic Loop). I also received five individual sock patterns: Plain Vanilla Socks with Sprinkles, Coeur d'Or SocksBas Symetriques no. 3, Curling Tendril Socks, and the Hearts Afire Sock pattern.  I chose the pretty Blue Ceramic Swirl Sterling Bead earrings from Maggie's Handcrafts Studio as I just love glass bead jewelry. I'm also going to be receiving another handmade project bag and some crocheted stitch markers so I'll show those when they arrive.

Once I'm done with my colorwork sock knitting challenge I'm going to put a serious effort into knitting up all the yarns and patterns to help promote all these wonderful items. Thank you so much to everyone on the Sock Knitter's Anonymous forum who donated gifts! And if you want to join the Scavenger Hunt for next year and compete for these wonderful prizes, you need to join SKA and compete in some of their regular monthly challenges first. The current colorwork challenge runs through the end of August but you need to post your cast on in the appropriate message thread before the end of July. All the details of the challenges are HERE.