Moose Socks & Striped Devotion Socks

This has been a really busy month so I'm behind in showing you my FOs. First are the Moose Socks from a free Drops pattern HERE. I used one skein of Garnstudio Fabel in black (purchased from Nordic Mart) and a leftover half skein of Knit Picks' Chroma Regency in fingering weight. I originally purchased some Drops Delight yarn to use but it was making me a little itchy and blotchy so I used the Chroma instead. I used the stated size of needles, size 2.75 mm, but I wish I'd used a smaller size. I've also decided to not use Chroma anymore for stranded color knitting as I prefer less fuzzy yarns for colorwork.

A lot of the Drops sock patterns seem to have you CO then knit a row plain before you start the ribbing. If you use the long-tail CO this sort of flips the cast on toward the outside of the sock and it looks a bit like a braided cast on. I used the contrast yarn for the CO to play this up.


The next socks are the Striped Devotion Socks from the book Weekend Knitting. (The Rav link goes to the Cozy Armchair Socks because both pairs are part of the same pattern.) They're not part of my summer colorwork challenge but just a quickie project for playing around with Elann's Esprit. I used African Violet, Jade and French Navy. I know the project was for a thicker yarn (The pattern used size 7 needles.) but I am too stubborn for my own good and ended up with some ladders. I have promised myself to use this yarn with much smaller needles next time.



Bubbles thinks I'd be much happier if I just switched to her favorite hobby of ripping up phone books.