I've been thinking of some possibilities for St. Patrick's Day socks. I really love THESE beautiful shamrock socks but I sit on my feet a lot and beaded socks probably won't work for me.









I think these socks may work instead if I find the right color green in my stash. They are the Step Dance socks from Blackberry Ridge's Elite Feet Sock Collection.



I started some mittens from the Anna Zilboorg book using Cascade 220 and size 4 dpns. I was getting 6 1/2 stitches per inch and the mittens were turning out huge. The mittens from the book really need DK weight yarn but I haven't found any DK weight yarn in the beautiful bright colors necessary for these mittens. I am going to have to re-write the pattern using 10 less stitches.



I'm off to the Academy Awards pre-show and many hours of uninterrupted knitting. Life is good.