BE AFRAID. BE VERY AFRAID...







This is Bodmin who lives in England and is apparently the world's largest rabbit. His weight is around 50 kilograms and he eats whole lettuces and cabbages. The photo has been passed around our local bunny rescue people. It comes from Strange Cosmos where they say their photos are uncopyrighted so I am sharing it here. What I wouldn't give to grab him and hug him. Actually I probably couldn't even pick up the big guy.



Both Ann & Laura asked about the Digit yarn in my photo yesterday. I bought in on sale at Knitpicks and I use Digit interchangeably with Shetland Spindrift and Jamieson's jumper weight. Maybe I'm dense but I can't see a difference in these yarns so I buy them all and use them together for colorwork. I actually have so many different shades that I've started cutting small pieces of each skein and taping on a paper with the shade name so I can remember the specific colors.



Robin states she is a color freak and likes having different colors for different rooms. Every room in this painter's house was several different colors although usually in a theme. The guest bedroom was done in rich burgundy reds - different ones for each wall. Really cool. I'm starting to think of doing each wall a completely different color which would be fun as well.



Mare suggests keeping yarn out in baskets in various color groups for inspiration. Good suggestion Mare - I've got DH building me a YCS - Yarn Containment System of shelving so I can store yarn where I can see it. BTW, Mare is working on the Vogue Knitting Map of the World Afghan and each time she knits a country, she gives info about each place. Go visit her blog and join the fun.



And best of all Sarah emailed me with a great tip about searching through any blog's archives. If you want to search for posts from this blog about intarsia for instance go to Google and type in intarsia site:knittingpatternfree.blogspot.com . Then it will give you results from this blog. This works with any blog or web site and it is terribly cool.



Sarah (not to be confused with Handknitter Sarah) has a great post about color today. She recommends collecting paint chips for playing around with color combos which is a great idea.