In honor of my 20th wedding anniversary today we're having a color knitting quiz. I will put the names of all who have the correct answers in a hat. First Prize winner wins the Up North Mittens & Hat kit from Blackberry Ridge and Second Prize winner gets five skeins of Emu Superwash DK wool yarn in some variation of the following blue/green colors for a color knitting project. I may even have enough Emu for a Third Prize winner.







Email your answers to me at nanetteb at compuserve dot com. I'll announce the winners on Sunday afternoon May 2nd, 2004). Those new to color knitting are encouraged to enter the contest - I have offered hints for each question to help you. All the answers to the questions have been discussed on this blog previously.





COLOR KNITTING QUIZ/CONTEST



1. What is the difference between intarsia and stranded color knitting? (Hint - my blog entry of 3/22/2004)



2. What is the two-fisted technique of color knitting? (Hint - shown on the cover photo on Alice Starmore's Book of Fair Isle Knitting)





3. Describe the Philosopher's Wool technique of color knitting. (Hint - Fair Isle Sweaters Simplified by Ann & Eugene Bourgeois, page 28)





4. What is Meg Swansen's method of holding the yarn in color knitting? (Hint - my blog entry of 3/22/2004 or Ann Feitelson's The Art of Fair Isle Knitting, page 56)





5. Regardless of your particular color knitting technique, what is it important to always do consistently in color knitting? (Hint - Judy Gibson's web site at http://www.users.cts.com/crash/j/jgibson/knitting/2color.htm or Ann Feitelson's The Art of Fair Isle Knitting, page 57)





EXTRA CREDIT QUESTION (There is no right answer - I just want your opinions.)





6. What is the best color knitting book available?