I happen to have quite a fondness for needle gauges. The blue Susan Bates model on the bottom is my oldest (it is actually cracked on one side) and has both the US and the metric sizes marked.



The long silver one (brand name Tailorform) is unusual because it shows metric sizes on one side and Canadian and American sizes on the other. It looks like the old Canadian needle sizing was close to the opposite of US sizes - for instance, a US size 13 needle is 00 in Canadian sizes. This gauge costs $1.95 at Wool-Tyme.



The one that didn't scan well and comes out black is a newer Susan Bates one, the Knit-Chek. It is the only needle gauge I've seen that shows equivalent crochet hook sizes. It can be purchased for a whopping $1.75 from Smileys (scroll down the left frame to where it says Accessories sale).



And finally my prized purchase is the white Skacel Turbo Needlegauger at the top. It is the only needle gauge I've ever found that goes down to 000 needle sizes. I can't for the life of me remember where I bought it but I did find it for sale online HERE for a mere $1.50 .



I keep one needle gauge in my knitting supplies tool box, one suspended from my music stand (that holds knitting charts and patterns), and one each in my two Circular Solutions storage containers - one for my circulars and one for dpns.



Thanks to all for the happy 20th anniversary wishes. DH brought home roses and chocolates and even made dinner for our special day. How sweet! I can't wait for my anniversary yarn present - I ordered so much I wonder if they'll even be able to fit it all in one box.



Keep the quiz answers coming! So far everyone who has entered the contest has gotten all the questions right.