Oops - I forgot one additional Albuquerque knitting blog. I'm not sure why as it is on my list of daily reads. I've corrected the original post but the additional blog is Jenny Woman Obsessed. Go check it out to see a lovely example of a Territorial style home.

I've decided against the new mittens due to thumb problems but I'll show you the photo the next time I get the scanner out. The colors are really nice but they're too labor intensive for such a simple mitten. I also have some lovely angora/alpaca fiber to show you.

It was a busy weekend with little knitting. Today we went to Santa Fe and I checked out Thirteen Moons fiber arts gallery (on Canyon Rd.) again. They had fewer quilts but did have some neat baskets. They had an entire room devoted to an artist who takes found objects like baseball mitts and electric mixers and then elaborately beads all over the. Pretty neat.

I've become somewhat addicted to Book Closeouts . They don't usually have too many knitting books but the cookbook selection is wonderful. The prices are even more wonderful. I can barely wait for one order to arrive to get my 5$ off coupon for the next order.

I told you a while back I'd sponsored a rabbit through Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. (A local rabbit rescuer I adopted Peaches from now works there as head of the Bunny House.) For a $25 sponsorship fee you get a photo and periodic updates about your animal (dogs, cats, rabbits, horses, even barnyard animals and wildlife). I chose a cute guy named Sidewinder with chronic head tilt. Here he is enjoying the great outdoors. He has a girlfriend he's bonded with and loves to take his water dish wherever he goes.