It appears Stranded Color Knitting has been reviewed in the current issue of Interweave Knits. I'll have to go find a copy tomorrow and see what they say.

I found a new book of knitting patterns and I don't think I've been this excited about a fiber book in a decade or so. Yes, it is in Norwegian but I can figure things out from the charts or by asking for translations on Norgeknit.

I ordered mine via email from Arnhild - it isn't listed on the web site but you can email her for it. It was $17 plus $3.50 S&H. The title is Hafte Selbustrikk and you can see all the photos of the patterns if you scroll down HERE. I briefly considered making every single item from the book but there are quite a few children's items. I may just make all the adult patterns though with the exception of the moose/deer mittens and one of the sock patterns which look like there might be excessively long floats. Arnhild also stocks the Rauma yarn if you need it.

While impatiently waiting for it the book to arrive, I have been looking through all the patterns and deciding which items I'll knit first. My first choice is probably these gloves which look so wonderfully girly although I think it is a men's pattern. I love the cuff pattern and the lovely flower and the back of the hand pattern and even that the fingers use two different motifs.



Looking through the patterns reminds me of the Selbu mittens I knit last year with all the dancers on them. (I mixed charts from a couple of Norwegian knitting books.) They were so much fun to knit although too boring on the back side.