Here's a close-up scan of the Latvian mitten slip stitch pattern. Even if I used only 4 colors for the cathedral windows as the pattern requested I still would have had as many ends to deal with because I would have cut each one at the end of the row. Carrying six colors would have made me insane from all the tangling.

Using multi-colored yarn would have helped in the ends department but the slip stitch pattern would have been the same. Each cathedral window has two colors - the main color and the yellow which surrounds the main color on three sides. It is pretty though because it gives the illusion of three color rows.



After all that wrestling with the yarn and needles, it is quite pleasant to now be working on a simple mitten pattern using soft soft alpaca. It is a women's version of the men's alpaca mittens I did previously. I'm adding a women's size to test the pattern and finally write it up.

This scan doesn't get the colors quite right but it does show the German twisted cast on I like for corrugated ribbing. I inadvertently figured something out on how to deal with the striped pattern jogs at the end of the row which I'll show later this week.