Jogless Jog for Stripes



I made a woman's pair of the striped alpaca Spruce Mountain Mittens. The colors of Knitpicks' Andean Treasure I used were lagoon, wild rose heather, and lilac heather. The pattern with a men and women's version is HERE.

Anyway, here is something I learned by accident. Normally when I am knitting stripes when I start a row with a new color I pull the yarn to the LEFT of all the other color yarns to prevent the yarns tangling. This is what I did for the men's version on the right. But for the women's mitten on the left I pulled the yarn under and around the other two colors to the RIGHT to start knitting the row. This purposely tangles the yarns but seems to get rid of the jog. I still get the larger stitches at the beginning of the row so next time I will try harder to pull the yarn tighter at the beginning of a row.



Here's what it looks like on the inside - a little bit neater.



Now I have no idea if this works for all stripes or if it was just this particular pattern but I will definitely try it again.