Tomorrow I'll have photos showing exactly how I knit a peasant thumb in mittens or gloves but I know most of you are here just to see bunny photos!

I decided to choose a rabbit that was less likely to be adopted. Most rescuers have trouble finding homes for white bunnies and smaller bunnies find homes more quickly than the large ones. So the rabbit I chose is not only white, large (actually obese from a daily diet including graham crackers and bananas - she's now on a strict diet), but older (maybe 3 or 4 years old?) and she is missing a toe from an attack back when she lived at a feed store. She was at Petco for all of October and wasn't adopted. Ironically by making my decision this way I think I got the best bunny of the bunch.




Meet Bubbles the rabbit. She's been here for 2 weeks already and is a total joy to be around. She may not be as photogenic as Peaches but she has us laughing all the time. We're still working on the whole litterbox concept but she loves people. Bubbles is extremely affectionate, enjoys being held, and is very very very soft.



I bought her lots of bunny toys which make her very happy. Bubbles also enjoys snoozing on one of the seven million pet beds and blankets and of course she enjoys ripping apart cardboard boxes.



She's not totally white as you can see - she has these tinges of gray on her forehead, back, and tail. I have no clue if that will be permanent - on her Petfinder photo she was completely white. Despite being so fat, she regularly jumps for joy and zooms around her room at high speeds. She currently stays in the bedroom because she is pretty freaked out by Jack the cat. I am hopeful that they'll become good friends soon though.