dale of norway whistler hat



Here's the Whistler 2005 hat with the embedded maple leaf design from the new Dale of Norway Commemorative Collection full of Canadian designs. (Woolybaabaa, Kirtland's Yarn Barn, Bea Ellis Knitwear, and Allegro Yarns now carry the pattern booklet.) I used Elann's Peruvian Highland sport weight wool yarn in six colors but the contrast colors aren't showing up well enough in real life so it is back to the drawing board. I went up a needle size to accommodate the lighter weight yarn and my row gauge is off. Because I have to order more yarn to experiment with I have put off the estimated date of completion of the Whistler sweater until after the holidays.

I'm getting a great deal of knitting done during the baseball playoffs but it certainly isn't low-stress. Tonight's last ALCS game especially should be a nail-biter! Next up - a holiday sock for a deserving friend and some Dale snowflake mittens in alpaca.