Men's Norwegian Mittens

Ahh the joys of technology! In the last five days my computer died, our electricity was out for almost two days due to a windstorm (I missed two MLB playoff games!), my MP3 player died, my scanner refuses to be hooked up to the new computer (actually a used model from the computer guy DH works with) and I think something is now wrong with my camera. I did learn one valuable thing though - it is mind-boggling how much more knitting I get done without a computer.

Here are the Men's Norwegian mittens. Info on the pattern can be found HERE on Ravelry or on page 38 of the Japanese booklet from Yesasia.com titled either Northern European Knitted Accessories or Scandinavian Knitted Accessories.



I really like the unusual pattern on the front. I used Cascade 220 and size 4 dpns and DH says he likes them.

I also made some mindless 2 strand thick socks on 32 sts trying to use up various purple odds and ends from my stash.



I'm off now to try to find some sort of battery-operated light bright enough for stranded color knitting during power outages.