Midnight Clear Christmas Stocking

I gave up on the 30-color armwarmer idea during the Red Sox/Angels game late last night. Instead I'm just going to do some really bulky socks in some purple stash yarns. Boring but practical. For the less exciting playoff games, I'm working on a Dale of Norway hat to figure out the color combo DH likes for the Whistler sweater.



Shown here are the Midnight Clear Christmas Stockings in two color combos in Cascade 220 (pattern on Lulu, pattern on Ravelry) with corrugated ribbing, an area for personalization with an included alphabet chart, and a snowflake design. This is the last pattern design I'm going to work on for a while.

My October blog plans include another photo tour of our recent trip to Durango, Colorado, a technique post on color dominance, compiling another long list of recommended yarns for colorwork, making a video of how I weave in ends, and possibly knitting some other Dale or Rauma accessory patterns. I will probably get started on the Whistler sweater before December as I'm absolutely chomping at the bit for some good clean Norwegian knitting fun.