My Yarn Stash 2009

Having my supplies organized is such a great feeling that I don't understand why I don't organize my yarn more frequently. I organized my stash this weekend and I thought I'd show it to you along with the various color settings on my new camera. The exact camera is the Canon PowerShot A470 7.1 megapixel point and shoot. So far I really like it except for the fact that you only get a 32 MB memory card and it doesn't come with a case.

I am still trying to figure out how to deal with our high altitude desert sunlight. I am probably the only person on the planet who regularly manages to take overexposed photos indoors. (Sections of overexposed photo will flash on the photo playback feature of this camera.)

Here's my entire yarn stash (3 armoire drawers and 2 bins) other than the Cascade 220 I previously showed you in the bookshelf. This is a photo without any color manipulation.



This photo shows the "Vivid" feature which I definitely like although some colors are still not showing up properly. For instance the bottom right red skeins are much more faded in the photo than in real life.



Here is the "Neutral" color setting which seems to just wash everything out.



The top drawer contains my Palette yarn (the plastic bag on the left contains all the great colors of Palette that were discontinued last summer - sigh) along with my alpaca collection and a few rogue skeins like Gloss and some eco-friendly yarns I bought last summer.

The middle drawer contains all my other worsted weigh yarns - Peruvian Highland Wool and Wool of the Andes.

The bottom drawer contains my sport weight yarns. I am slowly transitioning to a new all-purpose sport weight yarn (Peruvian Highland Wool sport weight) but I also have some very old Nature Spun, Telemark, and Merino Style. The big bag contains the Peruvian Highland sport yarn for the Dale of Norway ski sweater I'm currently knitting.

The container on the bottom left contains my sock yarns. I haven't bought sock yarn in years (ever since manufacturers stopped offering a good selection of solid colors) but I have some Froehlich Blauband, Stahl, Regia, and Essential. I also scored quite a bit of ultra-bright Kroy as it was being discontinued.

The container on the bottom right is a vintage long-gone yarn so I carefully save it and use it sparingly. It is Brunswick's Nylamb Sock and Baby yarn and I just love its softness, durability and elasticity.