Homespun Handknit



Now that they are coming out with a new edition of Homespun, Handknit, I've been thinking about the first version. I seriously loved the old book. In fact, I'd say it is one of my top 3 most used knitting books; I'm sure I've knit 50% of the projects in the book. When it came out I kept checking it out of the library until I realized I couldn't live without it. I didn't know how to spin then so I made most of the projects from commercial yarn.

The book has sentimental value since I learned how to knit using it and most importantly, this pattern for the Holiday Socks on the left was my very first stranded knitting project. I made them in purple and teal acrylic (I wish I'd saved a photo) holding both yarns in my right hand. They were difficult to pull up over my heels but I loved how they looked.




Just in time for the Hatch, NM green chile crop, I've finished my first booklet of healthy, plant-based recipes. Fiesta Vegan: 30 Delicious Recipes from New Mexico is 43 pages with lots of photos, a list of NM gourmet food destinations and some online resources for buying southwestern ingredients. It can be purchased in print or as a .PDF file from my Lulu store or as a Kindle book ( does not include photos or page numbers). The PDF version is abut 6 MB. The print version will also be listed on Amazon (with free super saver shipping) in about a week. My cooking blog has a list of all the recipes and some photos.