Ripping Out the Whistler Sweater

BEFORE:




AFTER:



I wonder if anyone has ever analyzed the ratio between how long it takes to knit something and how long it takes to rip the entire thing out. Say the knitting time was 30 hours and the ripping time was 15 minutes? It really is mind-boggling. Anyway, as you can see I ripped out the Whistler sleeve. My row gauge was way off - I was supposed to be at 12" before starting the upper sleeve colorwork and I was already at 13 1/2". I think it is an easy enough fix - I could just do the increases every 3 rows instead of 4. Of course instead I've decided to make it harder on myself and completely re-engineer the sleeve with a ribbed cuff instead of a hemmed one and a different colorwork design - maybe the one from the Notre Dame Cuff.



Bubbles has to turn away from the knitting carnage taking place.