More Glove Knitting

I'm still working on the beginners glove knitting class-in-a-booklet that will be available next month. I'm surprised that I'm not repeating myself from my original glove knitting booklet. Apparently I can talk about glove knitting forever. I'm going to put the basic glove pattern in the booklet three times - once with the dpn version with all the photos, once with the 2 circ version with all the photos, and once the pithy version for when knitters get the general idea and want to speed things up.

The main work is dealing with all the zillions of photos I'm taking. I am very grateful for the macro setting on my digital camera (Canon PowerShot A470).

Here's a photo of the backwards loop cast on which is used for casting on stitches for the glove fingers.




I'm still trying to get a good close-up photo that shows  when to increase on either side of the thumb gusset. It is so much less frustrating to learn to read your knitting so you don't have to count rows in between the gusset increases.



I'm not much of a football fan but I'm greatly anticipating the Super Bowl this year. I just read that the Puppy Bowl VI on Animal Planet will feature bunny cheerleaders from a rabbit rescue group in VA.