Still Slugging Along

Ravelry has put in a neat feature HERE where you can search on patterns for sale that benefit the Haiti earthquake victims. I hope to spend some quality time soon and look through the 59 pages of offerings from generous designers.



I've had gauge issues on my last four projects which has significantly slowed down my progress. I'm currently working on the Drops Socks for the Ravelry Stranded forum KAL, an alpaca hat for DH, and a pair of plain gloves. I plan to photograph the gloves in detail while knitting them to make a booklet for brand new glove knitters who would like to see the entire process using dpns or 2 circs.

My three booklets (Stranded Color Knitting, Glove Knitting, and Mittens in Color) are finally available in print wholesale. If you are teaching a class, have a guild, run a yarn store, or want some booklets for a knitting conference, email me at nanetteblanchard (at) earthlink (dot) net and I'll set you up. It is a pretty simple process - I'll give you a link to the book at the CreateSpace estore and a discount code and you can figure out how many you'd like to order. The same discount code will work for all of the books and can be used multiple times if you want to re-order more books.

Also, all my technique booklets are in the process of being added to Patternfish along with my patterns. If you are a designer, I highly recommend working with Julia at Patternfish. She really is a wonderful lady.





I was in Santa Fe again this weekend and I took more photos of St. Francis Cathedral/Basilica. I've been to a lot of great churches including Notre Dame and Sainte-Chapelle in Paris but St. Francis in Santa Fe is still my favorite.




The recent restoration of the church was so well done - painters laboriously re-painted all the lovely trim.




I love looking at all the colors in the beautiful stonework - according to the church's Wikipedia page it is yellow limestone from Lamy, NM. Most of the stained glass windows were imported from France.