Turquoise is the Color

Why can't I photograph turquoise well? I've never understood it but when I photograph turquoise yarn it always turns more blue. This is even more important now that the Pantone Institute has named turquoise the color trend of 2010. They state that turquoise evokes feelings of escape to tropical waters and that it is a restorative color. I associate it with warmth and sunny days as I see lots of turquoise jewelry here worn in the summer.





Today's Color Links


Susan Pandorf's free pattern Christmas in the Country is a pretty colorwork cowl knit in 3 colors of sport weight alpaca.

Your word for the day:  Feeling or tasting a color is called synesthesia and it is much more common in creative people.

Here's a new booklet of Estonian Mittens (in Estonian). If this message thread is correct, it is a bit pricy at $35 plus $18 shipping.

If you are like me and enjoy seeing beautiful crafts rooms, check out the wonderful design site Houzz. I usually just put crafts room in the search engine although that also brings up photos of Craftsman style rooms. I like this room because of the wonderful wall color but I'd have to add a rug.