Three WIPs

Here are my current WIPs. I don't usually get much done in August but we haven't had air conditioning in our vehicle for the past two weeks after it was broken into while seeing The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It is too hot here to jump in a car without air conditioning so I sat home and worked on projects instead.

The first project is a pair of socks in progress. These were the yellow socks for the Ravelry Solid Socks August challenge. The weirdest thing happened with these socks. I started them, put them aside for a while, and totally spaced on what project I was knitting. I spent hours looking through all my books, then looked on Ravelry, and I am still not sure what pattern this is. I think they are an Evelyn Clark design from a library book but I can't be sure until I scrounge up the book again. These won't be finished in August as I have a writing deadline but I will finish them as I enjoyed knitting them.


Here's the embroidered Pomegranate Pillow. I am aiming to finish this by the end of August. I am greatly enjoying this project and my only complaint is that the cover photo uses better shades of green than what I got in the kit. I am purposely putting off the big pomegranate in the center until last; it is the focus of the design and that way it won't get stretched out by the embroidery hoop.


Here's another pillow project - the Blue Kaleidoscope Pillow by Candamar Designs. I don't normally do much needlepoint but I really loved this design. I need to get a stretcher frame to make it look its best - I was hoping to get to see some frames in person before buying one but I guess instead I'm just going to have to buy one online.

I am extending the pillow project through fall as I have many more pillows to make. I bought some silk blend yarn to make a cabled pillow and I really want to do a colorful Kristin Nicholas pillow with Cascade 220.