I'm still having problems with the blog. Now even when the page loads it says "Can't Find Server" on the top bar. I've contacted Blogger help to see if they can fix it.



I have been working on a little booklet on how to knit stranded colorwork. It will be offered through our same Cafepress shop for my local nonprofit pet rabbit rescue group with all proceeds going to them. I figure it will be about 30 or 40 pages long. I want to make sure it sells for less than $10 so I will opt for the least expensive binding option. I'm not sure how many patterns will be included but I know I will include an easy hat (no shaping) for beginning color knitters and a Norwegian hat design.



I am trying very hard to collect all the information I can on the subject of two color knitting and will have a big list of recommended reading and web sites.



Please let me know if there is anything you'd like to know about stranded colorwork. So far I have mini-chapters on choosing colors, yarn substitutions, jogless jogs, holding the yarns, tension problems, blocking, weaving in the ends, and dealing with charts.



I hope to have this finished and ready for sale by June 15.









Here is a scan I managed to take of my two color knitting method for the book. It is in black and white because I can't use color photos in Cafepress books. As you can see I hold the right hand needle like a pencil. I strand the yarns over my index fingers, then over my fourth fingers as well for tensioning.