I now doubt the gloves will be finished this week. Every time I predict here I'll have a project finished something comes along and takes my attention away. This weekend isn't looking so good either as it is all about peaches. Not the brown-eyed rabbit Peaches but canning 10 lbs of peaches. This is probably just a start - I could do about 50 lbs of peaches and we'd eat them all. Home-canned peaches in a light syrup are far superior to the stuff at the store.

Today has been one of those magical days where everything I try in the kitchen turns out well. First I made this delicious Marinated Zucchini. It is a Mario Batali recipe and not low in fat but I love zucchini in all its incarnations. I do think the amount of salt called for in the recipe (2 Tbsp.) is an error.

Then I made this Andrew Weil recipe for Corn, Tomato, and Basil Soup. I was originally thinking I'd have to add some rice or pasta to it to make it heartier but it is plenty hearty all by itself. It is definitely a keeper.

DH just emailed me that he bought me a bread machine (What a guy!) so I'll be making some bread to go with the soup very soon. I used to have an expensive Zojirushi bread machine. It was so huge and my old kitchen was tiny so I donated it to a local wildlife group. Now I have a large kitchen and an oven on the fritz so this is a good thing.

Peaches is very busy this weekend - she plans to make a large mess with her hay, share some wheat grass with her favorite cat Jack, and make a lot of noise in the middle of the night ripping up cardboard.