I've gone from being very sad this week to being very very angry about the situation in the gulf coast. I should probably stop watching the news, eh?

I do have a few related links to share. HERE is a satellite photo of New Orleans before Katrina - click on it and you can see it after Katrina. And HERE is a really really good in-depth photo of New Orleans after Katrina. Once you locate the Superdome you can see the Convention Center below it. You can also see just how much of the city is flooded.

If all this Katrina misery is becoming too much for you, Best Friends Animal Sanctuary (their director is currently down in New Orleans helping transport shelter animals out of there) has started posted a daily Good News journal in their news reports HERE. Also, this blog also posts good news about families being reunited, human and animal rescues, corporate donations, etc. I've learned from animal rescue stuff that it often helps your mental health to focus on the small good things when there are so many bad things going on.

I've decided to stop buying yarn and books until after Christmas and use my monthly yarn money to donate to human and animal charities providing hurricane relief the next few months instead. With that schedule I should still have time to make the Torino sweater before the Olympics which I believe are in February?? HERE is a photo of the next Dale Olympic sweater. I may make it for myself in the dark colorway.

Peaches has been gaining weight which isn't surprising as she is a total loaf bun (aka couch potato). My Labor Day weekend plans are to crawl around the floor encouraging her to do some bunny aerobics.