The next knitting project I have to show you will be Nancy Bush's Latvian Socks from Folk Socks. This has been a good simple project to go with all the news I've been watching. So far I've managed not to throw my knitting at the tv as well although I've certainly had some choice words along the way.

Today I was going to put up some info on all the groups dealing with all the animals but Petfinder has already done it HERE with daily updates. USA Today also had a good article on the animal rescue efforts HERE. And another article from CNN on the emotional toll of evacuees leaving their pets behind. Best Friends is also publishing a series of articles daily on the whole process.

I saw a guy on tv saying that we need to become a Donation Nation. Not just right now but for many months ahead. In addition to money needed right now there will be so many other things we can do in the weeks ahead - help a family find housing, buy a kid that was evacuated some school supplies, send people food and pet food and supplies, adopting one of the thousands of rescued animals, etc.

I think we can all come up with some great ways to help and help and help some more.