First I couldn't update the blog for some reason for the past day and then I found out Cafepress has a new affiliates program. If someone recommends my book Stranded Color Knitting and it results in a sale, they get 20% of profits that would have otherwise gone to rabbit rescue. I decided to opt out of that as I think it is selling well enough otherwise.

I should have the second pair of gray socks tomorrow. My next project is going to be a pair of fair isle socks, self-designed, in Shetland wool. I have always wanted to try socks in Shetland wool and I seem to be becoming more comfortable with working without a pattern.

Monica asked in the comments how I hold the yarns when stranded color knitting. I am a two-handed color knitter and I tension the yarns through the fingers on each hand. I am getting better at changing from one dpn to the other without losing the tensioned yarns between fingers as well. Here's a photo (this and many other photos of ways to hold the yarns in color knitting from my book Stranded Color Knitting) that shows how I knit with two colors.