Here are the first pair of socks. I adjusted the scan a bit to try to get the right colors. I used 60 stitches, size 3 dpns and Norwegian sport wool. This yarn from Elann a few years back has a fatal flaw - it is superwash and excessively slippery. I used reverse duplicate stitch over 4-5 stitches AND knotted each of a billion yarn ends but I do still expect the yarn ends to come loose over time. I'll wash them very gingerly. To get the right gauge to match the original socks you'd need 68 stitches and probably fingering weight wool. I only had the right colors in sport weight though so I couldn't fit as many patterns.

For patterns I just looked at the original and did those except for the large zig zag which I did because I didn't want to have to consult any charts. It is actually easier for me to knit from looking at a knitted item than reading a chart. I did heel stitch because narrower heels fit my skinny foot better. The top fold was simply a row of purl stitch and then I knitted in the hem. I added some pom poms but I'm going to take them out because they won't survive in this slippery wool.