I will have photos of the Halloween version of the Caledonia socks for you tomorrow. I was originally thinking of adding some duplicate stitch spiders or dangling jack-o-lanterns but alas my mind has already moved on to the next project(s).

I've decided my next knitting booklet for sale will feature 3-4 patterns for multi-color knitted gloves for men and women. I don't expect to have this done before the holidays and really there is no rush. I want to use several different thumb gussets and perhaps even a faster version of Sanquhar gloves using a thicker yarn than the traditional laceweight. I do love to knit gloves most of all so this will be fun.

I've decided I want to knit Latvian mittens, some Fair Isle mittens, and some Dale of Norway socks. I only have a really good selection of colors in worsted weight though so I figure I'll try to knit a child's pattern using worsted weight yarn to get an adult size.

I also want to do some playing around with color. I want to do a tone-on-tone project, probably in various shades of blue, and I want to do a project in the ugliest colors I can imagine (just to see if I can make it work) and I want to design a bona fide Fair Isle project. For that one I will indeed use Shetland yarn although I find it pretty scratchy.

On the home front, Peaches is apparently responding to the change in seasons and is now eating almost constantly. We are trying to ignore her constant begging but she refuses to be ignored and positions herself in front of us and gives us the bunny evil eye. Ms. Plump-o does this even if we have just fed her 2 minutes ago.




She's not exactly wasting away from lack of food, eh? Meanwhile Jack the cat disapproves of all this rabbit begging.