Men's Hiking Socks

There is an excellent explanation of stranded color knitting on the explaiKnit blog. I really hope more beginning knitters learn how to do this technique because working with many colors is so much fun.

Also, I managed to find the PGR sock book (hiding in a pile of cookbooks) so I am back at work on the Iranian/Afghani socks along with some stash Fireside socks for DH.




These are the men's hiking socks using four colors of worsted weight wool yarn. DH prefers thick socks for hiking to cushion his feet against blisters.




The colorwork is pretty much hidden inside his hiking boots but it keeps the knitting more interesting. I used both Wool of the Andes and Peruvian wool - I believe the colors were rust heather, charcoal heather, gray and a light khaki. The pattern for these socks is for sale HERE to benefit pet rabbit rescue. The pattern fits a size 10 1/2 men's foot but I've included instructions on how to make the socks longer or shorter. The Four Corners Bunnies web site has more photos of all the patterns HERE.

I will have a New Mexico travelogue with photos for you early next week. We're planning on taking the high road up through Chimayo and I hope to find some of the world-famous weavers around there.