Lake Ontario Socks

This week I've been a danger to myself and others.

First I did a load of DH's clothes. The clothes made it through the washer fine but apparently in the dryer a pen lurking in one of his pockets exploded and I killed a few of his dress shirts. It took me an hour to clean the ink from the inside of the dryer.

Then I washed a small decorative pillow with some blankets. It also exploded and I'm still picked fiberfill out of the clothes in the washer.

Here is my third laundry fatality.




These were the Lake Ontario Socks before they accidentally jumped into the dryer. I received the kit in a sock of the month kit and the lovely design is by Joanne Conklin.

But for every pair of socks that dies, another pair is born.




Here's another pair of Fireside socks (from the Spin-Off sock book) using two worsted yarns and one sock yarn simultaneously. Fortunately the colors look better than they do in the photo. (Unfortunately DH does indeed wear socks with sandals on a regular basis.) I didn't make these long enough for his tastes and I will make him another longer pair ASAP.