German twisted cast on. German twisted cast on. German twisted cast on. That is the name I keep forgetting. This magical cast on alleviates the curling in two-color ribbing and is also used for looseness on socks for wider legs. The talented Sarah sent me these two great links that show how to do it and I think it is in one of Nancy Bush's books as well.

http://www.knottygirls.com/jenlablog/freepatterns/twisted%20german%20cast%20on%20tutorial.pdf

http://hipknitism.com/library/techniques/twisted_german.shtml

I've been collecting some of my technical knitting posts from the blog archives. (I deleted many relating to the Master Knitter program in a fit of pique after my Level III debacle but there are still a few left.) I plan to put them in the sidebar along with links to my free patterns but I'm waiting until after Blogger institutes some major changes at the end of the month.

Norwegian Knitting Resources Part I
Norwegian Knitting Resources Part II
Spinning/Knitting with Cat Fur
Steeking
Koolaid Microwave Dyeing
Two-Color Knitting
Twined Knitting/Tvaandstickning Part I
Twined Knitting/Tvaandstickning Part II
Weaving in Ends
Color Jogs
Tension Problems
Duplicate Stitch
Darning Socks
New Mexico Fiber Resources
Online Color Knitting Links
Cabling without a Cable Needle
Fair Isle vs. Stranded Color Knitting Part I
Fair Isle vs. Stranded Color Knitting Part II
Reverse Duplicate Stitch
Purling with Two Colors

MY FREE KNITTING PATTERNS

Garter Lace Scarf
Super Stars
ROY G. BiV Socks
Knitted Curlicues
Rabbit Finger Puppets
Caledonia Socks