My Favorite Glove Knitting Tip

Here's one of my favorite glove knitting tips. If you diagram the finger stitches, you can greatly speed up your knitting. Once you understand the fingertip shaping you no longer have to read through the long pattern each time you get to a new finger. Instead just consult your nifty diagram.


This is the diagram for the peasant gloves I'm working on. Each circle represents a finger (starting with the thumb slightly below on the left going all the way to the little finger on the far right) and the number inside the circle represents the total number of stitches used for each finger.

The numbers above and below the circles in blue are the stitches that you put on dpns after being held on waste yarn and the numbers in red are the stitches you either cast on or pick up from the previous finger to get your total stitch count.

I've been thinking ahead to future knitting once I finish the glove booklet. This week I made 3 purchases that I'm greatly anticipating. First, I purchased some of Anne's gorgeous handspun yarn at her new shop, Wooly Wonka Fibers. I bought the alpaca, wool, and silk yarn from her scarf knitting kit and I plan to use it for more hiking socks for DH.

Secondly I purchased Terri's new self-published book Selbuvotter on one of my favorite subjects - Nordic gloves and mittens. I just love the cover design of the book. If you pre-purchase the book in March you get free shipping.

Finally, I purchased some terrific colorwork sock patterns from Red Bird Knits. I chose the Andes, Winter Dreams, and Noel designs and I already own the Holly Berry design.

I think those projects should keep me out of trouble for a while. I also purchased more of Elann's Peruvian Highland Wool in my continuing efforts to get all the purple, blue, and green shades I can find.