There is a problem with the fit of these gloves. See if you can figure out how to fix this problem. (Answer at end of this post.)



I really hope to find a lot of different types of hands to try on the gloves for the booklet so I can use photos of gloves that don't fit. I think the best way to learn how to knit better-fitting gloves is to see what it looks like when they don't fit well.



Other than that I like the fit of these gloves for my particular hands. They're done in Knitpicks' Palette which may be the best yarn for gloves of all time.

I am currently planning on doing two main patterns - one pattern for some peasant thumb gloves with rounded fingertips as seen here and one pattern for some sore thumb gloves with tapered fingertips. I hope to do several sizes of each, possibly with some interchangeable pattern charts, to include gloves for men and women.

Answer - The gloves shown here have that little bunch under the little finger not because the little finger is too short but because the base of my little finger is 1/2" lower than the base of my index finger. (This anatomical difference isn't true for all hands but it is true for many of the hands I've seen.)

Most glove patterns I see don't account for this issue but the fix is to knit the little finger, then put all the hand stitches back on dpns (while picking up the cast on stitches for the little finger) and knit a few rows even, then go back to working the rest of the fingers. If you are often pulling the fingers on your hand knit gloves down so that the intersections between the fingers on the glove touch the webbing between your fingers, this is likely the problem.