I can't believe I haven't even finished one mitten yet. It seems like everything is in slow motion when it heats up here - perhaps my knitting process slows down as well? Plus I'm working on a self-published mini-cookbook of New Mexican veg. recipes so I'm spending more time in the kitchen.

I've been meaning to post a link to THIS - it looks like Anna Zilboorg's wonderful book Magnificent Mittens will be reprinted in November. I've always thought that book had some of the best knitting photography ever. Also, I have heard that Charlene Schurch's mittens book will be reprinted then as well so there is no need to pay high prices for these books used.

The local rabbit group is dealing with a rabbit over-population problem - over 130 pet lop unneutered bunnies (and counting) breeding and tunneling in someone's yard. The rescuers have been hard at work catching and transporting bunnies to other rescue groups in various states for the last few weeks. There will be another garage sale soon to try to raise funds and I'm thinking of giving them some of my sock yarn stash to sell. (I really prefer thicker socks for myself.) I'll let you know when the sale will be if you want some good deals on yarn which will help out the bunnies as well.

Of course Bubbles could care less about those lops. She absolutely refuses to share any of her cilantro or her bunny toys with the less fortunate rabbits.