Through the end of July 2009 100% of the money I receive from the sale of my knitting booklets and individual patterns sold on Lulu, Ravelry, and Amazon will go to the New Mexico House Rabbit Society. The number of pet rabbits taken from one person's backyard is now over 230 and most are baby bunnies so they can definitely use all of the money I can donate. Thank goodness for all the other shelters across the country willing to help and to the Bunderground Railroad which was set up for just such an occasion. The NM HRS web site has info on how to donate and a list of all the wonderful organizations that have already helped out in this crisis.

The situation has been tough so what do I do when things get tough? I revert back to my beloved bright colors. I can tell a lot of knitters choose colors by the season but I wonder if many other knitters choose colors to actually affect their mood?




I'm making some Bunnies and Carrots Hats (a great pattern by Barbara Telford of Woodsmoke Woolworks) in Cascade 220 for a few of the rescuers to show my gratitude for their exhausting work transporting rabbits to the vet and to other states, caring for newborn litters, and scrounging up cages and food . I think they'll like the hats.

Speaking of bright colors - look at what color DH painted this bench this weekend. I call it sunshine yellow. I absolutely love it.