Fiber But No Knitting

I've been spinning some of the wool roving I purchased at Looking Glass Yarns on a drop spindle. I am not very talented at plying with a drop spindle so my resulting yarn isn't even enough for colorwork but I am in love with the seafoam color. I think it will end up as mittens or socks. The roving is Mauch Chunky by Kraemer Yarns.


I've also been working on some crewel embroidery. I was hoping I'd be finished with this pillow top last month but I'm only about 1/3 done at this point. It is greatly enjoyable even if I'm still not 100% happy with my long and short stitch. If you look at the yellow part of the flower on the bottom left (where I started) you'll see that I didn't even understand what the long and short stitch was. Initially I was thinking of ripping it out and re-doing that flower but decided against it. Because really what are the odds someone will be visiting me, pick up the pillow, and exclaim in horror that I did one of the flowers wrong???


I hope to have some colorwork socks (Robyn Gallimore's Winter Dreams Socks) to show you soon.