Zigzag Socks



I'm glad I finished my socks for the Solid Socks Challenge (July's challenge was to use a color from your national or state flag) early because I still have a pair of gloves and a pair of stranded socks to knit this month. These are the Zigzag Socks from Vogue Knitting's Ultimate Sock Book knit in Nature Spun sport weight in Red Fox. As always I find bright red a pain to photograph accurately.

If you look closely on the toe of the bottom sock you'll see I ran out of yarn and had to use some vintage Nylamb doubled to finish the toe. Still I'm glad I'm using up so many of my sock yarns.



Next month's color is yellow and I'm going to use the ironically named Mellow Yellow color of Kroy. This yellow is so bright it is practically radioactive! I would appreciate any ideas on patterns to use with this for the Solid Socks challenge - perhaps lace socks to mute the color a bit?