Looking Glass Yarns in Santa Fe


Santa Fe has five yarn stores and because I've only visited three of them I decided to find one I hadn't checked out previously. Looking Glass Yarns is in a location that is right around the corner from Trader Joe's so I'm surprised I've never noticed it.


I have to say that Looking Glass Yarns is by far the most friendly yarn store in Santa Fe I've visited. The owner was kind enough to let me take these photos and she helped me figure out how much fiber I'd need to spin yarn for socks. 


Sorry about the photos - it was a bit dark and my photography skills are lacking.


There was a sale on Brown Sheep yarns and the store also had Cascade 220, a good selection of sock yarn, and some fun metallic yarns. They have a shelf of local yarns and fibers right by the door.


I nearly succumbed to a new spindle - these are made by Ken Ledbetter of KCL Woods and were light as air. Aren't they gorgeous? I did buy some sock yarn and some fiber for spinning which I'll show you later

Also, if you're interested in Santa Fe shopping, on my cooking blog I posted some photos from the gorgeous kitchenware store The Spanish Table. I thinked they turned out a little better.