Jogless Stripes and My Sock Yarn Stash

Most of the methods used for making stripes match up at the end of rows are noticeable to me. You can knit the stitch on the row below together with the first stitch of the new stripe color, knit the stitch on the row below of the first stitch of the second row of the stripe, you can slip the first stitch of the second row of the stripe, or you can knit the first stitch of the new stripe with both colors. Because I think they are all noticeable I opt for the simplest method. 

Before I start a new stripe color, I take the yarn for the new color UNDER and to the RIGHT of the other yarn(s) before knitting the new stripe. Essentially I'm catching the other yarn(s) with the new yarn at the beginning of the new stripe. It looks like this on the right side. (Pardon the crease from blocking the socks flat - I just read that wet blocking items inside out will avoid this crease so I'll try that next time.) I also make sure to cinch the two yarns at the beginning of the row to try to get rid of those noticeable larger stitches.



It looks like this on the reverse of the work. I have talked about this method previously using my Spruce Mountain Mittens HERE  - the pink mittens used my method and the green methods did not use any jogless stripe method.


I recently re-organized my entire stash. In the process I took all my yarn out and put it on the couch. (I'm amazed it all fit on the couch!) I am waiting to show you the entire stash until April 1st which is Flash Your Stash Day. Here's my sock yarn stash - I really love looking at my sock yarns because of all the bright colors. A lot of it is Kroy in bright candy colors I bought on sale years ago. The Baby Ull at the bottom right isn't specifically sock yarn but I think I'll test it for socks anyway.