My Knitting Book Collection

Today I'm dreaming about the craft room of my future and looking for inspirational photos. We hope to finally buy a house soon and my second wish after a large kitchen is a room completely devoted to crafts. I know it will be the only room painted white so that the colors of the yarn will shine. I also don't want carpet because I am always dropping pins whenever I drag out the sewing machine. Of course a special corner for Bubbles and all her bunny beds and toys is important. I still am not sure about yarn storage - I like it on display but I do think it is safer covered. I may look into finding some crystal clear containers for yarn.

In preparation for Flash Your Stash Day Friday I also took photos of my knitting books.


On the top shelf are my knitting notebooks and a few manila folders containing printed out patterns. The second shelf includes a few books on embroidery, felting, and spinning.


Most of my sock books are on the third shelf and the fourth shelf is mainly for Starmore, Fassett, and the wonderful Threads compilation books. 


Next I have more color knitting books and one of my prized possessions, the very first Rowan magazine. The white spiral bound books at the bottom are the very fun vintage reproductions from Iva Rose. I have Butterick's Fancy and Practical Knitting and The ART of Knitting, Weldon's Practical Knitting and Practical Stocking Knitter #11, and Paton's Collection of Knitting and Crocheting Receipts from 1903.

HERE is a blog post I did with some fun quotes and photos from the Iva Rose booklets, including a pattern for a knitted coffee filter and knitted reins for children who like to pretend they are horses?? BTW, in case you are wondering why my early blog posts such as that one have no comments, it is because not once but twice I had to use different methods of providing comments and unfortunately I lost many comments through sometime in 2007.