Stashbuster Socks

I love the color combination of orange and raspberry. I am trying to use up some of my stash of discontinued yarns and I had both orange and raspberry in Elann's discontinued Devon sport weight yarn. I didn't have a full skein of either so I added some white and did an afterthought heel in case I ran out of yarn. The colors in this first photo are the truest.



For these socks I used the Waves pattern in More Sensational Knitted Socks, size 3 dpns, a CO of 60 sts, and a picot hem.  


I decided to stripe the heel in case I was running out of any of the 3 yarns. I held up the sock in progress to DH and asked him if he thought the striped heel made the socks look too crazy. His response? "Oh that ship has already sailed." I guess not everyone likes the combo of orange and raspberry! 


 

Check out the gorgeous orange/raspberry socks on the cover. I need to find more bright orange and raspberry colored yarns to make them.