I have to say I still have hope for Interweave Knits. I received my issue on Friday and I still have hope.



I'm especially happy to see the article by Priscilla Gibson-Roberts on intarsia in the round, a technique I'd like to try. The actual design doesn't turn me on but I could make the socks for the learning experience and then give them away. The last IK that had a PGR sock design (the dresser scarf socks) also intrigued me. I like learning new techniques and I learned how to kitchener garter stitch together.



I like the colorwork mittens and hat. The debut of a new column on historical knits by researcher extraordinaire Deborah Pulliam is encouraging. My subscription runs out next issue and at this point I'm aiming to re-subscribe. Because Spin-Off is far and away my favorite knitting magazine, I don't see why Interweave can't do better with IK. So kudos for IK - you are on the right track even if you haven't arrived at the destination yet.









Here's where I am on Trondheim. I practically have to force myself to knit this puppy because I'm having such a bad reaction to the plastic feel of the Emu Superwash DK. But I'm too far gone to stop now and I have the Tiur to make Kashmir waiting in the wings when I finally finish. I've heard such good things about working with Tiur and can't wait to see for myself.