HALL OF LOSERS



Here you have some of the most pathetic, sorry, pitiful excuses for knitting projects in their abandoned state. These are just the ones I kept for some reason. Hide your eyes if you are faint of heart!





First we have a photo of four losers.







1. First we have the slipper. This is simply Theresa's Fuzzy Feet slipper worked on a size 6 dpn. I was going to add ears and embroider a nose to make bunny slippers and give them to the rabbit shelter for their store. Why was this abandoned? Because the second sock was knit with a completely different color of gray yarn. I didn't actually even notice this until I made two socks and that is even with an Ott-Lite. sigh



2. Above the slipper we have the beginning of a sock from Joyce William's Latvian Dreams in Nylamb. I don't even know why I abandoned it - how sorry is that?



3. Next we have the cuff from the Gauntlet mittens in the small Vogue Knitting Mittens & Gloves book. You know all those books that say all colors go together at all times - well this proves them wrong. The colors of Cascade 220 together are just awful and I absolutely hate the way slip stitch knitting looks besides.



4. Finally we have yet another pink mitten for the rabbit shelter. The cuff design is from A Year of Mittens. It is just really pink. Too pink. I simply couldn't face another mitten done in such pinkness.









Here we have some sort of godawful chullo hat done in some very loosely spun stash yarn. Gauge? What is that? This hat is large enough to fit Paul Bunyan. I have a large head and I could wear several wigs and about 20 other hats and still fit this baby over my head.











And here is the saddest of sad - a single unloved glove done in Nylamb from a vintage mitten and glove pattern book. I don't know originally why it was abandoned but I kept it for years. Apparently back when I made it my gauge was a milllion times looser and I could never replicate it today. Plus I think the increases along the thumb gusset were done badly - I probably knit in the front and back of the stitch instead of a true M1.





Now to get these disturbing knitting images out of your mind and to see some wonderful knitting, immediately go HERE to see Robin's (my twin separated at birth) beautiful Fair Isle vest on Alissa's blog and HERE to see Linette's gorgeous Fair Isle vest.